Skip to content

Elm Club

Date of Commission: 1901

Date of Occupancy: 1901

Other Dates in Building's History:

1930-31: Extensive changes made to club. Living room added on the east. Stone columns on porch replaced by metal ones. Stone balustrade removed and replaced with metal railing. Stone balcony on west wing window replaced with metal balcony. Window frames removed and shutters added. Roof overhang removed and replaced with high cornice.

Architect(s): Raleigh C. Gildersleeve, New York City

Donor(s): Moses Taylor Pyne, Class of 1877

Other Agent(s): Elm Club (occupant of)

Materials: Stucco

Function: Eating Club

Style: Italianate Revival

Elm Club New Building Added

Date of Commission: 1931

Date of Occupancy: 1931