Skip to content

McCosh Hall

Date of Commission: 1905

Date of Occupancy: 1907

Other Dates in Building's History:

1920: Proposals surface to extend McCosh after Dickinson and Marquand Chapel burn down.

1927: Interior renovations made to the building.

1931: New Dickinson Hall built and connected to the northeast corner of McCosh.

1962: Renovations to McCosh 10 carried out by architect, Francis C. Roudebush, Class of 1922.

1984: Interior renovations made creating the Arthur M. Wood, Class of 1934, Auditorium.

1986: Interior renovations made creating the Harold H. Helm, Class of 1920, Auditorium.

Architect(s): Raleigh C. Gildersleeve, New York City

Donor(s): A.D. Russell ; Sarah Dodge ; Cleveland H. Dodge, Class of 1879 ; Moses Taylor Pyne, Class of 1877 ; Mrs. Percy Rivington Pyne ; Mrs. William E. Dodge

Named for: James McCosh

Other Agent(s): Matthews Construction Co. (builder of)

Materials: Brick; Grey Stone; Indiana Limestone

Function: Classroom; Lecture Hall; Offices-Administration

Style: Collegiate Gothic