Skip to content

East College

Date of Commission: 1833

Date of Occupancy: 1834

Date of Destruction: 1897

Other Dates in Building's History:

1832: "...Another building for the accomodation of students ... is urgently needed." (TM, 26 Sept 1832)

1833: Trustees resolve that "an additional College edifice be erected." (TM, 10 Apr 1833)

1834: Trustees report that the building is nearly completed. (TM, 9 Apr 1834)

1872: Trustees approve repairs and addition of "high roof" (mansard roof). (TM, 26 June 1872)

1882: Porches added. (Princetonian, 26 May 1882)

June 1897: Demolished to make way for Pyne Library.

Architect(s): Committee of the Board of Trustees

Donor(s): Trustees, College of New Jersey

Materials: Stockton Sandstone

Function: Dormitory

Style: Federal