Other Names: New Halsted Observatory; University Observatory; New Observatory
Date of Commission: 1932
Date of Occupancy: 1934
Other Dates in Building's History:
1932: FitzRandolph built because Halsted Observatory razed to make way for Joline Hall.
1938: D. H. Alpin, Class of 1920, donates astronomical paintings of H. R. Butler, Class of 1876.
1966: 36" reflecting telescope installed.
Architect(s): University Astronomers
Function: Astronomical Observatory; Offices-Administration