Skip to content

Osborn Club House

Other Names: University Athletic Club, Osborn Field House, Third World Center

Date of Commission: 1891

Date of Occupancy: 1891

Other Dates in Building's History:

1876: "Sufficient money has been raised to build a club-house and a grand stand." (Princetonian, 19 Oct 1876)

6 May 1887: "Graduate Advisory Committee on Athletics has decided to build a house at the Athletic Field..." (Princetonian, 6 May 1887)

1974: Addition by Van B. Bruner, Jr., architect, Haddonfield, New Jersey.

2011: Demolished to make room for Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment

Architect(s): Thomas Oliphant Speir, Class of 1887

Donor(s): Henry Fairfield Osborn, Class of 1877

Named for: Henry Fairfield Osborn, Class of 1877

Other Agent(s): Prospect Club (occupant of)

Materials: Brick; Wood

Function: Third World Center

Style: Classical Revival; Colonial Revival