Date of Commission: 1921
Date of Occupancy: 1922
Other Dates in Building's History:
June 1915: Princeton Architects Association endorses Butler's plan for the School of Architecture.
26 Oct 1916: Howard Crosby Butler submits proposal to Trustees.
1917: Board of Trustees decides there will be a School of Architecture.
April 1917: Cram publishes plan.
Sept 1917: Progress towards completion of School of Architecture "greatly retarded during the summer and it will be a little difficult to resume activities owing to the interruption caused by the war".
June 1919: Temporary addition made on south side - a drafting room for the students. It is a one story separate concrete building about 20" X 35" connected to the main hall by covered hallway.
1921-22: Under construction with some rooms usable by 1922.
16 June 1923: Dedication.
Architect(s): Ralph Adams Cram ; Cram and Ferguson, Boston
Donor(s): Cyrus H. McCormick, Class of 1879 ; Mrs. Cyrus Hall McCormick, Sr. ; Mrs. William Church Osborn ; Class of 1895
Other Agent(s): Matthews Construction Co. (builder of)
Materials: Brownstone; Stucco
Style: Northern Italian Gothic