Skip to content

Palmer Hall

Other Names: Palmer Physics Laboratory

Date of Commission: 1907

Date of Occupancy: 1908

Other Dates in Building's History:

1931: Jones Hall added to the west side of building.

1949: A 5,000 square foot section of the roof blown off by hurricaine force winds.

1970: Lab renamed Palmer Hall.

Architect(s): Henry J. Hardenbergh

Donor(s): Stephen S. Palmer

Named for: Stephen S. Palmer

Materials: Brick; Indiana Limestone; Iron; Slate

Function: Classroom; Laboratory Spaces; Science Building

Style: Collegiate Gothic