Skip to content

Class of 1886 Golf Club

Other Names: Lamar Memorial Golf House, Golf Club House, Class of 1886 Memorial Hall, Eighty-Six House

Date of Commission: 1905

Date of Occupancy: 1905

Other Dates in Building's History:

1913: Club-house is moved from high ground in the middle of the course to its present location. The building on the old site obstructed the view of Cleveland Memorial Tower and other Graduate School buildings.

Architect(s): Raleigh C. Gildersleeve, New York City

Donor(s): Class of 1886

Materials: Clapboard Siding; Stucco; Wood

Function: Golf Club-house