Skip to content

Pyne Library

Other Names: East Pyne, Pyne Administration Building

Date of Commission: 1896

Date of Occupancy: 1897

Other Dates in Building's History:

1948: Until 1948 served as the University's library. With the completion of Firestone Library, Pyne Library becomes the home of various administrative offices.

1950s: Remodeled by Voorhees, Walker, Foley & Smith.

24 Sept 1956: Dedication of Henry B. Thompson (Class of 1877) Court.

1965: Renovated to accomodate offices and classrooms of various language and literature departments.

Architect(s): William Appleton Potter

Donor(s): Mrs. Percy Rivington Pyne

Other Agent(s): Norcross Brothers (builder of); John Massey Rhind (sculptor of)

Materials: Brownstone; Slate

Function: Library; Offices-Administration

Style: Collegiate Gothic